What is cleansing?
Cleansing is keeping your spiritual or energetic body free of unwanted debris such as entities, negative Karmic ties or cords, and all around wonkiness. Your subtle energy field is called your auric field. Surrounding your physical body are several layers of energy. They all have different names, (which we will go into another time), that just like your physical body, get, “dirty” if you will, on a daily basis. Part of good hygiene and for staying clear, not only for your magical workings, but for your physical health, is keeping these fields clean. Once you make this part of your daily practice, you will find that not only your spiritual connections are stronger, but also your over all well being. There is no separation between mind, body, and spirit. Keeping yourself cleansed in all these areas can have a significant effect on your total being.
There are many ways to keep both yourself as well as your space cleansed. Here are just a few:
- Amulets or Charms
Pretty interesting! So here are some basic exercises to get you started. Try one or all of them and see how you feel. Do you notice a difference?
For me, there are six easiest ways to start a basic cleansing ritual:
- Visualize as you shower, golden or white light coming from the universe and washing away all that no longer serves you or that is not for your highest good.
- Another very simple way to cleanse yourself or objects like your house, your car, your dog, etc., is to use dried herbs either in a smudge stick or in a pot, bowl, or shell. Get your herbs smoking very well and use them to, “wash” away negativity, energy, and entities. For living things, make sure that you get the entire body, “smoked,” under feet, over head, raise arms, front, and back. It’s the same for your pets or other living things. For a room, get all of the corners, windows, doorways well as the room at large. The same for a car, etc. For other items, books, crystals objects, run the smudge along object an all sides so that it is completely, “washed” by the smoke.
- The Third way is with salt. A salt scrub in the shower made of oil and table salt at its most basic is a great way to neutralize unwanted energies and let them go down the drain. Putting some salt in a cup of water and flicking it around door ways, windows, and corners or dry salt swept around the floor can also cleanse energy in a space.
- A fourth way to cleanse a space is with sound. Something as simple as a wind chime attached to a ceiling fan breaks up the energy vibrations as it circulates and chimes. When I do a house cleansing this is the first thing I do the day before I do the formal full ceremony. It brings in great happy energy.
- If you have access to essential oils you can make a hydrosol blend and spray yourself or space.
- Lastly, if you are Reiki Attuned or have other sigils or symbols they can effectively clear a room or yourself, pets, etc.
Try it, practice. I want to hear from you. What do you do? What is your experience with these exercises if you tried them? Let’s start talking with one another! Let’s start sharing.
2016 copyright by Katie Pifer, available at http://www.witchpetals.wordpress.com