What is grounding? The physics definition of grounding is: “the process of removing the excess charge on an object by means of the transfer of electrons between it and another object of substantial size. When a charged object is grounded, the excess charge is balanced by the transfer of electrons between the charged object and a ground.” (www.physicsclassroom.com) This sounds logical, and it is. We can apply this definition to ourselves and our own electrical energy, emotional energy, physical energy, spiritual energy and any other forms of energy that we are experiencing. Grounding has great health benefits, besides what we think of in terms of magical workings. Here are some benefits and precautions based on studies:
• Modern rubber and plastic-soled shoes act as electrical insulators and therefore block the beneficial flow of electrons from the earth to your body.
• Studies have shown that earthing or grounding improves blood viscosity, heart rate variability, inflammation, cortisol dynamics, sleep, autonomic nervous system (ANS) balance, and reduces effects of stress.
• Earthing decreases the effect of these potentially disruptive electromagnetic fields.
• A Body Voltage Meter can determine how much electricity is induced when lying in bed or sitting in a chair, and how much the electric charge is reduced by grounding.
• The Earth is a natural source of electrons and subtle electrical fields, which are essential for proper functioning of immune systems, circulation, synchronization of biorhythms and other physiological processes and may actually be the most effective, essential, least expensive, and easiest to attain antioxidant.
• Modern science has thoroughly documented the connection between inflammation and all of the chronic diseases, including the diseases of aging and the aging process itself. It is important to understand that inflammation is a condition that can be reduced or prevented by grounding your body to the Earth, the way virtually all of your ancestors have done for hundreds if not thousands of generations.
In addition to the health benefits, when we are talking about grounding, we are talking about being centered emotionally and spiritually as well. This means having your ego in check, centering yourself, and being connected with the earth before performing any magical tasks. This is not only good spiritual and energetic hygiene it is also part of basic safety precautions. If your emotions are not in check then it is likely that any spell work done can fly off in unknown directions, including right back at you! So this is a vital basic skill.
Pretty interesting! So here is a basic exercise to get you started.
Find yourself a comfortable place to sit, indoors, outdoors, it doesn’t matter. Close your eyes, place your feet, bare feet is best, but it’s ok if you have shoes on, visualize a cord coming from either the small of your back, (male) or where your ovaries are, (female) and extending into the center of the earth.
Lock that cord into place in the center of the earth so that it won’t get loose. How you do that is up to you. That’s it, you’re grounded! Now you can use that cord to release anything that is not for your highest good, anything that no longer serves you. Release all negativity or personal blocks.
Now everybody’s cord looks different, so I don’t want to influence anyone.
Personally, I have two different types of cords that I extend. One is for dispelling negative stuff and the other is for connecting, but I do a lot of heavy duty energy work for large groups of people. I developed that over time, but started very simply. I become a redwood tree trunk from my solar plexus down with deep roots. Then, I have a secondary cord where my ovaries would be. This cord is like a giant vacuum cleaner hose with a robot hand at the bottom. The hand locks into place in the center of the earth, and I use the hose to vacuum out anything unwanted, not for my highest good, or that no longer serves me. I can also use it just as a drain or shoot and let unwanted energy just slide on down to be neutralized in the earth.
2016 copyright by Katie Pifer, available at http://www.witchpetals.wordpress.com
Try it, practice. I want to hear from you. What do you do? What is your experience with this exercise if you tried it? Let’s start talking with one another! Let’s start sharing.